Friday, February 5, 2016

To my children's future step mom



There’s something different about your smile.

The kind that tells me you’ll be around for a while.

Today, I find myself thinking, she may be “the one.”

I share my name, “mom”, with my daughter and sons.

So I’ll let you in on a few of my tricks.

The things I do when my babies are sick.

Hot chamomile tea with lots of honey

Wins a place to their hearts; dry nose or runny.

Brayden’s most favorite is tomato soup;

Be sure to use milk, that’s the secret scoop.

Kam means business if he says, “I think I’m sick;”

It’s usually at the worst exit but pull over quick.

Ady Jane, will bring you so much joy;

Shoes, polish & clothes over every toy.

She’ll beg you to rub her arms at night;

Do it soft and gentle to ensure it’s done right.

“Baby Love,” I sing loudly on a regular basis.

If you ever find yourself in one of those places.

Pinch their knees while saying, “Get the Ham-hocks!”

If they need a pick me up; or they’re ever in shock.

Stay right with the Lord and read to them scriptures;

Keep my bible, journals and show them my pictures.

If you’re ever in a sour place; or in need to make bad days great;

Pull through a carwash yelling; start freaking out; at any rate

As the tri-foam covers the car; & you can't  see out;

Get down & whisper, “They’re coming!” then you jump and shout;

“THE ZOMBIES ARE GETTING US; THEY’RE ON OUR CAR!”

Act silly; go crazy; be fun & smile; you’ve made it this far.

When you find yourself not knowing what to say;

Promise me, you’ll stop! Be still; find a way to pray.

I give you my blessings to love them as yours;

Let's work together; promise not to keep any scores.

I'll share them with you; these treasures of mine.

If you promise to love them til' the end of your time.




          

No comments:

Post a Comment