Sunday, March 6, 2016

A penny for your thoughts

We recently visited the local dentist and my daughter received a calendar with a AM/PM check box to encourage brushing twice a day.  She is so excited about this chart.  Why have I not thought of a chart like this one before for potty training?  She is five and still wearing a pull up.  She is joy and love and so much more but mostly, she is set apart.  I am not sure why she has not mastered this.  I decided not to talk about it for a while.  Then it hit me, the chart and maybe money. Sadly, money motivates everyone.

I started giving her a quarter each night she does not pee in her nightly protection. This was a spark.  We are getting ready for a garage sale this next weekend and we have received so many donations that tons of things her age are falling out of boxes.  She picked up a Vera Bradley wallet donated by one of my closest friends.  She said, Mama? Can I please keep this wallet for my quarters.  Knowing she doesn't know the value of it I said, sure baby.  You can keep it.  Why not?

Anyways, this brings me to my point.  As I am disinfecting our home today from an illness I find her little wallet.  I open it up and sure enough there sits her little quarter.  I found the change lying around the house and put it in her wallet for when she returns she will see that Mama gave her more than she had earned.

I started weeping because the love is unconditional from our Father in Heaven as well.  How much more does he bless when we bring our little?  I wanted to bless my baby's wallet and make her $0.25 $1.00. If we give our best he is going to bless and multiply it.  I just know it to be true and I wanted to share with you that.  If you as a mother or father,  do such blessings for your children here on earth, how much more do you think our eternal father wants to bless us with?  Just a penny for your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment